Fire safety in the festive season
As temperatures drop and seasonal decorations go up, it's important to stay fire safe in your home. Your safety is our top priority, have a look at our handy hints for this festive season!
Published On: 12/12/2011
- Keep clothing or other objects away from electric heaters.
- Unless you have an electric blanket that is designed to be used overnight, turn it off before getting into bed - make sure your blanket is serviced regularly.
- Decorations can burn easily - don't attach them to lights or heaters and don't hang them close to candles.
- Many fires start in the kitchen - make sure you don't leave your Christmas dinner unattended in the kitchen and switch off the hob and oven if you leave the house.
- Never place candles near your Christmas tree or furnishings and never leave them burning unattended.
- Check your Christmas tree lights conform to the British Standard and are in good working order.
- Keep candles, lighters and matches out of reach of children.
- Always switch off and unplug Christmas lights before you go to bed or go out.
For more information please contact the London Fire Brigade.
020 8555 1200 firstname.lastname@example.org