Lewisham Homes is a two star Arms Length Management Organisation (ALMO) that took over the running of some of Lewisham Council homes on 22 January 2007. It is one of a number of solutions Lewisham Council has chosen to improve housing services and deliver the Decent Homes Standard (DHS).
We manage 13,442 social housing tenancies and 5,111 leasehold properties within the borough.
We are a non-profit making company and the Council is the sole shareholder. The Board of Management consists of Councillors, tenants, leaseholders and independents.
To deliver great housing services for thriving neighbourhoods.
Our vision is underpinned by the following strategic objectives:
- Excellent services
- Quality Homes
- Sustainable business
- Community focus
- Employer of choice
Positive about Disability
We have been awarded the Positive about Disability accreditation which is awarded to employers who demonstrate to the Department of Work and Pensions (Job Centre Plus) that they have achieved, and are committed to, continually achieving 5 commitments relating to the employment of disabled people.
The 5 commitments are to:
- Interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job
- Ensure a mechanism is in place to discuss, at any time, but at least once a year, with disabled employees what can be done to ensure that they can develop and use their full abilities
- Make every effort to ensure that when employees become disabled, they stay in employment
- Take action to ensure that all employees develop the appropriate level of disability awareness needed to make these commitments work
- Conduct an annual review on what has been achieved and plan ways to improve upon them. The report is then forwarded to the Department of Work and Pensions
Investors in People
Investors in People (IiP) is the UK national standard that sets out a level of good practice for the achievement of organisational goals via staff training and development. We achieved IiP accreditation in 2009.