Gas and Repairs Services Customer Care Standards
Generally, any job that falls within the Right to Repair criteria should be completed on the first visit. These kinds of jobs include unblocking kitchen sinks or sanitary units, leaking taps and pipes, faulty lights or sockets and leaking roofs.
Lewisham Homes aims to provide you with excellent services, working to standards our residents have helped us to set and monitor.
We report the results of our monitoring to the Lewisham Homes Board and publish performance information on our website and in newsletters.
You can report repairs to us:
- At our offices
- By letter
- By email
- On our website
- By phone
Out of hours – for emergency repairs (weekdays 5pm-8am, weekends and Bank Holidays).
For gas safety we will:
- Service our equipment in the tenant's home and inspect tenants' own gas appliances, every 12 months
- Write to let you know when we are coming, at least 10 working days in advance.
For general repairs we will:
- Achieve 95% of surveyed residents satisfied that they are given an appointment for when we will carry out the repair.
- Achieve 85% of surveyed residents satisfied that we advise you of the job number at the time of reporting a repair.
- Keep to 97% of appointment times given
- Achieve 95% of surveyed residents satisfied that we will show our ID when we visit.
- Achieve 90% of surveyed residents satisfied that we explain what work we are going to do
- Achieve 95% of surveyed residents satisfied that if we are unable to complete the repair on the first visit we will arrange a further visit before leaving the property.
- Achieve 95% of surveyed residents satisfied that we leave their home clean and tidy
- Complete repairs within our published timescales
- Call you if we are unable to gain access. If we are still unable to contact you, we will leave a card advising you of who you can contact to rearrange the appointment
- Provide you with a safety password (if you request it) to help you identify our operatives.
- Advise you of improvements you can make to your home and additional information you may need to provide before work can commence
- Provide details on how to claim compensation if we have failed to respond, or complete work within agreed time scales
- Meet the lettable standard for all tenants when moving into properties
We will keep you informed about services, improvements and performance information through newsletters, leaflets, texts and letters as well as our website.
Getting it right
We aim to provide you with excellent customer service at all times, but if you feel we are not meeting these standards please tell us. If we fail to meet our standards and this causes a problem we will try to rectify this fairly. We will deal positively with your comments and complaints, and of course we welcome compliments from you.