The Residents' Compact sets out how residents will be informed and involved in shaping Lewisham Homes.
What is the Residents' Compact?
The Residents' compact is an agreement between Lewisham Homes, Lewisham Council and its residents.
It explains how we are working together and includes:
- different ways that residents can participate in improving the housing service - we currently have 27 involvement opportunities;
- the standards of participation that residents can expect;
- how the housing service is accountable to both our residents and the resources allocated to us to provide support for our residents;
- the various forms of support available to residents who wish to be involved; and
- other information residents interested in participating might find useful.
Aims of the Compact:
The Compact aims to make it easier for all residents to get involved in topics of interest and provides the framework for Lewisham Homes to:
- Become more accountable to residents, by letting residents know who is responsible for decisions and how those decisions are made
- Learn from residents’ experiences to improve services
- Inform residents about possible changes in services
- Consult with residents in a variety of accessible ways on how we are developing
- Work with residents to develop services and policies that best meet the needs of residents and the community
- Monitor involvement opportunities.
How will we review the Compact?
Each year the Compact and supporting documents will be reviewed by a group of residents.
Information presented to them on the feedback from the Compact will include:
- Performance reports
- Comments, compliments or complaints about the compact and suggested changes
- The resident involvement and consultation log
- The Community Involvement action plan and impact assessment
- Feedback from partners, Council, community groups and other stakeholders
- Any minutes from meetings which are relevant to changing the Compact.
Download a copy of our Residents' Compact or request a printed copy from the Community Involvement team by phoning 020 8613 7660 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.