Private Sector Leasing Scheme (PSL)
This is a scheme where Lewisham Council guarantee to pay your rent, and provide you with a housing management service. We acquire properties within the borough of Lewisham for a period of up to 3 years.
Now is a good time to lease your property through us as an alternative to renting privately. Changes to the Local Housing Allowance (LHA) rates mean that the amount of benefit tenants can claim will gradually reduce. By leasing your property, your rent level is fixed for the duration of the lease, giving you stability.
• Protection from LHA changes
• Guaranteed rent 52 weeks of the year
• No voids or bad debts
• Professional housing management services
• Property inspections
• Minor repairs service up to a fixed sum
Lewisham Council accept properties of all sizes (subject to demand) throughout the borough.
Please note the properties must meet their property standards and documentation criteria.
Rent Incentive Scheme (RIS)
Under this scheme, you, as the Landlord, will manage the tenant and the tenancy on an Assured Shorthold Tenancy. The Council will refer tenants to you and you will charge rents at current LHA levels.
• No fees
• Lewisham Council will pay the first eight weeks rent within 14 working days after the sign-up
• Housing benefit can be paid direct to Landlord or Agents
• For family sized properties Lewisham Council will pay a one off incentive of £500, when you grant a further fixed term tenancy.
• You will have a chance to meet prospective tenants at the viewing of the property and you have the option to accept them as tenants or request another nominee
• We provide all documentation including Housing Benefit Forms, tenancy and tri-party agreements
We accept properties of all sizes (subject to demand) throughout the borough.
For more information
020 8314 7086