In summary, Lewisham Homes can provide advice and assistance to tenants on matters such as organising repairs, paying your rent, caretaking on your estate, dealing with crime and other antisocial behaviour, services for leaseholders, and any other general enquiries to do with your tenancy.
All of these services can be contacted via our freephone number from a landline 0800 028 2 028, or 020 8613 4000 from a mobile phone, and selecting the options you need.
If you would like any more information, your Tenant handbook is a useful guide. It covers a range of areas that will help you to sustain your tenancy with Lewisham Homes. Specifically, the hand book covers:
- Customer Service Standards, what you can expect from us;
- Living in your home, moving, sheltered housing, Right to Buy;
- How to pay your rent, and how we can help if you are having problems;
- Repairs, improvements, safety and security, gas servicing;
- Estate Services, what our caretakers do, environmental services;
- Tackling antisocial behaviour, making your area a safer place to live;
- Community involvement, how you can shape housing services; and
- Comments, complaints and compliments - how you can get in touch.
Tenants in our Residents' Reading Group have approved the handbook to make sure that we are giving you the information that you want as a Lewisham Homes tenant. Copies of the handbook are available at local libraries and at our housing offices. Alternatively we can post a copy to you if you contact us.
Who does what?
Lewisham Homes was set up as an Arms Length Management Organisation - an ALMO - on 22 January 2007. It is responsible for managing Council housing services for your home on behalf of Lewisham Council. The Council is still your landlord.
Click on our responsibilities page to see a list of what we do versus what the Council is still responsible for.