Domestic violence can happen to men and women of all ages, whether at the hands of a spouse/partner or a member of their family. Advice, support services and emergency contacts can be found on this page.
We are committed to providing advice and support for victims of domestic violence. Our Antisocial Behaviour team can offer advice and support to victims and work with the Council and other specialist counselling agencies to help victims explore courses of action.
Jackie Naine and Emma Brew-Riverson are specialists at handling domestic violence issues. To speak to a member of our team please contact us during business hours on the freephone number 0800 028 2 028 press 4 or direct dial ASB team on 020 8613 4740. You can also ring the National Domestic Violence Helpline contact no 0808 2000 247.
Alternatively, if you require emergency accommodation outside of office hours, please ring 020 8314 6000 and ask for the duty officer for the Housing Options Centre.
We provide advice and support for victims of domestic violence, by:
- Carrying out interviews in a supportive and sympathetic manner.
- Where possible conducting interviews with victims by a person of the same sex and/or cultural background as the victim.
- Providing advice to victims on the possible courses of action, both to respond to the immediate situation and to deal with issues in the longer term.
- Ensuring our staff are trained to deal with those reporting domestic violence.
- Carrying out repairs to make victims of domestic violence more secure in their home.
- Putting victims in touch with organisations that can help. Some of these are listed below.