Keeping safe at home
This page has tips and information about how you can keep safe at home.
It is advisable to make sure that your home and its contents are safe and secure.
- Close windows and lock doors when going out or to bed
- Join or set up a Neighbourhood Watch Scheme on your street or estate. For more information log onto www.neighbourhoodwatch.net or phone Lewisham Met Police on 0300 123 1212 and ask the switch for the Safer Neighbourhood team for your post code.
- Don’t leave valuables where they can be seen from outside
- Ask to see ID for workers entering your home
- Get contents insurance for your home
- If you feel you can help the Police reduce crime in your community, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- Report anything suspicious to the Police. There are 5 stations within the borough. All can be contacted by phoning 0300 123 1212. Select a station below for more information.
Lewisham Police Station
Catford Police Station
Deptford Police Station
Sydenham Police Station
Brockley Police Station
This page has information about asbestos safety, what Lewisham Homes is doing about asbestos, and what you should do if you think you have discovered asbestos.
This page has information on how to deal with unexpected visitors to your home.
Fires are the main cause of death in the home in this country. However there are many ways that you can fireproof your home.
You can prevent tragedies simply by testing and maintaining your smoke alarms and practicing a fire escape plan.