This page contains information about street lighting, recycling, pest control, graffiti, refuse collection and fly tipping.
What Lewisham Homes do:
- Internal cleaning on our estates
- Removal of internal graffiti
- Grounds maintenance which includes the green areas on our estates
- Estate sweeping to all hard surface areas on housing estates, including estate roads, parking areas and public pathways
- Removal of bulky household waste
- Fly-tipping removal on our estates
What Lewisham Council do:
- Domestic refuse collection
- Removal of abandoned vehicles
- Animal welfare
- Fly-tipping removal elsewhere in the borough
- Street cleaning of public paths and highways
- Maintenance of roads on highways and street lighting
- Tree maintenance to all trees on Lewisham Council land
- Pest control treatments (chargeable service)
- Graffiti removal to external areas
Visit the Lewisham Council website for more details on their services
Bulky household waste removal
A service is available to collect large waste items from some estates. This is included in the weekly service charge only for residents receiving this service. Street properties and estates not included in this service can use Lewisham Council’s similar service, which you will have to pay for.
The graffiti team will remove all external graffiti within four days of it being reported, and within 24 hours if it is offensive.
Lewisham Homes carries out an annual pest control programme to a number of blocks that have ongoing and historical issues with pests. When problems are reported in blocks outside this programme, we will arrange for a survey to be carried out to see if it needs block treatment.
The decision to treat or not to treat the block will depend on the number of responses to the survey and the number of properties affected. If the problem affects a small number of properties, residents will be referred to Lewisham Council Environmental Services which can arrange treatment.
Love Lewisham is a free, online tool by Lewisham Council that enables people who work or live in London to upload photographs of the area around them. These photographs can be of a neighbourhood’s ‘loved’ qualities which the user would like to share with others to promote their area or it could be something ‘unloved’ the user would like to report, such as graffiti or flytipping. Visit the website to upload a photograph.