Hoping to develop your creative skills this summer? We’re letting you know about three creative youth initiatives that are free for Lewisham Homes residents to attend.
SE8 Music Collective
The Albany in Deptford is offering a free songwriting and music-making workshop that will give young people the chance to collaborate with professional artists and make their own songs. Once complete, the music created on the course will be played on Resonance FM.
Available for 11-16 year-olds. Find out more and sign up here.
Creative Coding Collective
Another Albany initiative is the Creative Coding Collective held in partnership with Maiona Coding UK. Participants will get to complete coding training, plus take advantage of mentoring opportunities and paid job placements with tech and media companies.
Available for 16-21 year-olds. Find out more and sign up here.
Youth engagement with XLP
Held in partnership with Lewisham Homes, Clarion Housing, The Hyde Group, Phoenix Community Housing and L&Q; youth charity XLP will be visiting different estates across the borough to talk to young people and discuss the different issues they’ve faced during lockdown. This will help us identify gaps in youth provision so that we can invest in the right programmes to help best support the young people of Lewisham. See the timetable below to find out where and when they’ll be visiting.
- 4 August at Hazel Grove Estate 3-5pm
- 6 August at Honor Oak Estate (Turnham) 3-5pm
- 7 August at Pepys Estate 6-8pm
- 11 August at Hazel Grove Estate 4.30-6pm
- 13 August at Honor Oak Estate (Turnham) 3-5pm
- 14 August at Pepys Estate 6-8pm
- 18 August at Hazel Grove Estate 4:30-6pm
- 20 August at Somerville Estate 3-5pm
- 21 August at Pepys Estate 6-8pm
- 25 August at Hazel Grove Estate 4.30-6pm
- 27 August at Somerville Estate 3-5pm
- 28 August at Pepys Estate 6pm-8pm
To find out more, contact our Community Relations team: email@example.com