We aim to provide excellent services to our customers and we have worked with residents to set and monitor a range of service standards that we are committed to delivering. Service standards are the promises we make regarding the level and quality of services we provide.
Telephone calls – we will:
- Aim to answer all calls within 2 minutes and identify ourselves.
- Deal with your enquiry at the first point of contact whenever possible.
- Deal with your enquiry in a polite and helpful manner.
- Call you back in response to messages by the end of the next working day.
Letters and emails – we will:
- Acknowledge any emails or letters you send us within three working days and provide a full response within 10 working days. If we need more time to reply, we will let you know when you can expect a full response.
- Respond in a clear and understandable way, using plain language and respond to all the points you have made.
When you visit us – we will:
- Keep our public areas clean and tidy, displaying up-to-date information.
- Ensure reception areas are accessible to people with disabilities.
- Aim to see you for an appointment or enquiry within 10 minutes.
- Offer you a private interview room where available.
When we visit you – we will:
- Show you an identity card when we introduce ourselves, using a translated introduction card where required
- Respect your home, your possessions and your beliefs
- Arrange appointments with you at a mutually convenient time
- Inform you if we are delayed, have to cancel, rearrange or make a return call
From time to time we will ask you for information to help us further improve our service. This may include questions regarding:
- Your ethnic origin, sex and disability – to help us monitor whether we are delivering a fair, unbiased and accessible service
- Your preferences – such as how and when you prefer to be contacted
- Your needs – such as large print letters, interpreting or translation, or help if your mobility is limited
- Your area, your home and the services we or our contractors or partners provide to you
If we ask you for information we will explain what we need, and by when. Personal data
will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.