The Mayor of London and Transport for London (TfL) are proposing to extend the Bakerloo line from Elephant and Castle through to Lewisham and Southwark, to improve public transport links making wider areas more accessible, and helping London grow by supporting new homes and jobs.
Benefits of the Bakerloo line extension
- Better connection of South East London to the Underground network from New Cross Gate, Lewisham, Ladywell, Catford and Lower Sydenham
- Frequent services of up to 2-3 minutes, reducing travel time into central London
- More affordable homes in the area
- More jobs created by the extension of the line
- Boost to local economy and businesses
Have your say
Tfl’s latest consultation is open until 22 December. Visit their website to give your opinion.
Back the Bakerloo
Lewisham and Southwark Council have both been campaigning for the Bakerloo line extension to be built.
You can also help by signing the Back the Bakerloo petition here.