Our caretaking team is working hard to keep estates clean and safe, and to do what they can to slow the spread of Covid-19. We may be affected by increased levels of absence over the next few weeks and will need to prioritise the most important tasks. If that happens our Caretakers will have to focus on sanitising high-frequency touch points like communal door handles and lift panels, cleaning lifts and lobbies, keeping escape routes clear, and regular bulk collections.
Please remember the Council’s refuse collection was badly affected around Christmas and New Year. This meant some collections were missed and we’ve had problems with overflowing bins, and blocked chutes. Caretakers will have also been dealing with the effects of this by changing bins and removing excess waste where possible. However, this may have affected their capacity to keep on top of other tasks.
You can help by:
- Disposing of household waste responsibly – please don’t dump it in corridors, by chute hoppers, next to bins, or at bulk points
- Leaving access for refuse collectors clear at all times – this can lead to more missed collections and also block emergency vehicles like ambulances and fire engines
- Leave any bulk rubbish only at designated collection points and no earlier than the day before the scheduled collection – you can check this on our website of by calling our team on 0800 028 2 028 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Report any concerns by calling our team on 0800 028 2 028 or via email at email@example.com
- Follow all public health advice on Covid-19
- Be kind and considerate to your neighbours and our staff, and help us look after your neighbourhood
Thank you for your support and patience. Happy New Year.