Date(s) - 16/01/2019 - 22/01/2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Support Teaching and Learning in Schools
Residents have the opportunity to gain a Teaching Assistant NVQ Level 2 Certificate
- Develop, demonstrate and reflect on skills needed in a real work environment in order to allow them to make informed career decisions.
- Gain work related skills to become Teaching Assistant, safeguard the health & safety and welfare of young people, support children with positive behaviour, support children & young people’s development
Course duration and dates:
14 weeks, 2 days a week starting 4th February, two days each week.
Who can apply:
- 19 + Unemployed people living in London
- Claiming any type of benefits
PARK SIDE COMMUNITY CENTRE number 1 Copper wood place Parkside Lewisham SE10 8FY
To complete the Level 2 Award, learners must achieve nine credits from the mandatory units and three credits from the optional units available. Units include:
- Child and young person development (2 credits)
- Equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people (2 credits)
- Schools as organisations (3 credits).
Level 2 certificates are also comprised of both mandatory and optional units, including:
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people (3 credits)
- Help improve own and team practice in schools (3 credits)
- Support children and young people’s positive behaviour (2 credits)
- Provide displays in schools (3 credits)
- Provide support for therapy sessions (2 credits).
The Induction is taking place on:
Date: Wednesday 16, Thursday 17 and Tuesday 22 January
Venue: Hyde Foundation, Hollingsworth House, 181 Lewisham High Street, London, SE13 6AA.
Please contact Madhavi Deshmukh (Madhavi.Deshmukh@hyde-housing.co.uk) or Anna-Marie Instrell (Anna-Marie.Instrell@hyde-housing.co.uk) to book your slot. You can also call them on 0208 297 5410.
Please bring photo ID and proof of benefits with you on the day.