We have installed new kitchens in record time at Hawke Tower in New Cross. 65 kitchens have been installed at the 23 storey tower block with each kitchen taking an average of seven working days to install.
- Hawke Tower is the first block to have Decent Homes work completed by our own repairs team, usually this work is done by contractors.
- The work has been completed by our multi-skilled operatives who have had over 95 percent of residents satisfied with their work.
- Two Lewisham apprentices have also benefited from the project. Working alongside our multi-skilled operatives the apprentices have been able to quickly learn new skills in a number of different trades.
- 65 new kitchens
- 95% resident satisfaction
- 7 working days to install each kitchen
- 1 operative working on each kitchen
- 2 local apprentices benefited
Please click on the images below to download a high resolution version.
Resident Rhett Buckle, 33, said he is very happy with his new kitchen. Rhett said:
The work was all wrapped up in two weeks – I was shocked and impressed! My new kitchen is a big change from my old kitchen. I’m happy with the work, there were no problems and everyone I’ve dealt with has been friendly and efficient.
Resident and Chair of Lewisham Homes Board Julia Cotton said:
I’m proud to see Lewisham Homes operatives completing Decent Homes work so quickly and to such a high standard. This pilot programme has also been invaluable for our local apprentices giving them excellent opportunities to grow and develop their skills.