This Acceptable Use Policy sets out the standards that apply when you access and/or interact with the My Lewisham Homes portal (our site).
Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to adhere to, all the standards in this Acceptable Use Policy, which supplement our Terms & Conditions for the Lewisham Homes website. If you do not agree to this Acceptable Use Policy or our Terms & Conditions you must not use our site.
If you violate this Acceptable Use Policy, or authorise or assist others to do so, we may immediately suspend or terminate your access to our site or any of its facilities.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not upload content, use, or access our site:
- In any way that violates any applicable law;
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- To support or induce illegal activity;
- In any way that is deceptive, abusive, pornographic, obscene, derogatory, offensive, or otherwise inappropriate;
- To stalk, harm or harass anyone, or attempting to stalk, harm or harass anyone in any way, including minors;
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- To violate the rights of others, as examples, including, breaching or misappropriating any intellectual property or proprietary right of another;
- To impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent users affiliation with a person or entity;
- To publish, send, upload, transmit, knowingly receive, use, facilitate or procure the distribution of, any unsolicited or illicit or unauthorised advertising or promotional material, or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- To knowingly and wilfully transmit or upload any content that contains viruses, Trojans, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware, or any other harmful programs intended to harmfully affect the operation of any computer software or hardware; and
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards, as set out below.
You also agree:
- Not to attempt to obtain unauthorised access to any area of our site, whether through hacking, password extraction, or any other means;
- Not to interfere with, damage, or disrupt the operation of our site, any of its facilities, any network or equipment on which our site is stored, or any software used in the provision of our site;
- Not to hack, destabilise, or alter our site facilities, or alter another website to falsely affiliate with our site;
- Not to monitor data or traffic on our site without our authorisation to do so;
- Not to reproduce, copy or re-sell any part of our site in breach of the provisions of our Terms & Conditions; and
- Not to forge, modify or obscure mail headers or assume a senders identity without the senders explicit permission.
Some Lewisham Homes staff have elevated permissions in the My Lewisham Homes portal. If you have been allocated to any of these roles, you respectively agree to utilise these permissions responsibly and appropriately on our site, in line with the standards in this Acceptable Use Policy.
The My Lewisham Homes portal provides access to a chat forum for residents and the opportunity to vote in polls (interactive services).
For each interactive service that we offer, we will inform you whether it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
It is not anticipated that the My Lewisham Homes portal is used by children. The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not fool proof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These standards apply to any and all content, data, and material which you contribute to our site (a “Contribution”), and to any interactive services associated with it.
We will determine, in our discretion, whether a Contribution breaches these Content Standards.
- Comply with applicable regulations and law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted;
- Be accurate (where they state facts);
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and
- Be current and relevant.
Content must not:
- Contain any material which is offensive, hateful and inflammatory;
- Contain any material which is derogatory of any person or entity;
- Promote violence;
- Promote discrimination based on race, religion, sex, nationality, disability, age or sexual orientation;
- Promote or contain any sexually explicit material;
- Violate any copyright, database right or trademark of any other person or entity;
- Be probable to deceive, threaten, upset, embarrass or alarm any person or entity;
- Be probable to cause annoyance, inconvenience, needless anxiety or invade another’s privacy;
- Be used to imitate any person or entity, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or entity;
- Be made in violation of any legal obligation owed to a third party, as examples, including, contractual obligation(s) or a duty of confidence;
- Be in contempt of court; and
- Advocate or facilitate any unlawful activity, as an example, including, copyright infringement.
Suspension and Termination
In our discretion, we will regulate whether there has been a violation of this Acceptable Use Policy through your use of our site. When we consider that a breach of this Acceptable Use Policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to abide by this Acceptable Use Policy constitutes a material breach of the Terms & Conditions upon which you are permitted to use our site, and this may result in our taking of any or all of the following actions:
- Immediate issue of a warning to you;
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of your right to access and use our site;
- Immediate, temporary or permanent deletion of any Contribution uploaded by you to our site;
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis resulting from the violation (including but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs); and
- Further legal action against you.
We may report any activity that we reasonably suspect violates any law to appropriate enforcement authorities, officials, regulators, or other appropriate third parties. We may also disclose user information and systems and network information related to alleged violations of this Acceptable Use Policy, where we reasonably feel this is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude liability for any actions taken in response to violations of this Acceptable Use Policy. The actions described in this Acceptable Use Policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably consider appropriate.
Changes to this Acceptable Use Policy
We may revise this Acceptable Use Policy at any time by amendment and it will be your responsibility to check from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are binding on you.
You can report violations of this Acceptable Use Policy to ICT.Servicedesk@lewishamhomes.org.uk.
If you have any comments or questions concerning this Acceptable Use Policy, please email ICT.Servicedesk@lewishamhomes.org.uk.