We have partnered with Hyde Housing to offer this 14 week Teaching Assistant NVQ Level 2 Certificate course.
- Develop, demonstrate and reflect on skills needed in a real work environment in order to allow them to make informed career decisions.
- Gain work related skills to become a Teaching Assistant, safeguard the health & safety and welfare of young people, support children with positive behaviour, support children and young people’s development.
To complete the Level 2 Award, learners must achieve nine credits from the mandatory units and three credits from the optional units available. Units include:
- Child and young person development (2 credits)
- Equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people (2 credits)
- Schools as organisations (3 credits).
Level 2 certificates are also comprised of both mandatory and optional units, including:
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people (3 credits)
- Help improve own and team practice in schools (3 credits)
- Support children and young people’s positive behaviour (2 credits)
- Provide displays in schools (3 credits)
- Provide support for therapy sessions (2 credits).
We will be holding an information day on Information day on 21 September at the Old Town Hall.
There will be an assessment on the 24th September.
Course duration and dates
This is a 14 week course that will start on 26 September and finish on 17 December
Every Wednesday and Thursday 10am to 3pm
Who can apply
- Aged 19+ Unemployed people living in London
- Claiming any type of benefits