We will be making temporary changes to our services over the next few weeks due to the increase in ASB cases we have been receiving since the Covid-19 pandemic began, with people spending more time at home.
We are preparing solutions to ensure that we maintain a high level of service for our residents, and will be moving staff from other roles for a period of time to assist our ASB team, who have been experiencing an increased workload.
During this time, we will only be able to focus on high-priority casework, including the below:
- Dealing with emergencies and temporary accommodation requests in these cases
- Assisting police and other agencies with criminal matters
- Court hearings and service of associated paperwork
- ASB category A and B cases (we will be prioritising category A cases first)
- Lettings and terminations of tenancy
- Supporting vulnerable residents by signposting and making referrals to appropriate agencies
- Responses to MPs, Cllrs and complaints
- Changes of tenancy – mutual exchange and successions will be prioritised. (Changing occupants and name changes will be delayed)
Please note: responses to these priority areas may be slower than usual.
As the national lockdown continues and with the safety of residents and staff being top priority, we are carrying out a virtual viewing only service for residents. Once a property has been accepted, we will still carry out sign ups within the property. This does not apply to temporary accommodation where different arrangements are in place.