Your safety is our priority. It’s important that you understand your responsibilities as a leaseholder and as a landlord if you sublet your property.
You must make sure your front door is suitably fire resisting and meets minimum fire safety standards. Front doors which resist fire can save lives.
- Your front door is effectively self-closing and provides at least 30 minutes fire protection – manufacturers and suppliers will refer to this as ‘FD30’ or FD30S’ if it is fitted with smoke seals
- If you replace your front door that it is fitted by a qualified person
- You provide us with copies of your certificates or documentation which confirms your front door provides a minimum of 30 minutes fire resistance and has been fitted by a qualified person firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may find it useful to take a look at the Secured by Design website. These doors are secure to a standard approved by the police and offer fire protection.
Please do not fit a security grille or gate to your front door or the walkway.
The London Fire Brigade (LFB) advise that grilles and gates cause a risk to your life in the event of a fire. They delay how quickly you can leave and the Fire Brigade can enter your home.
We are removing gates and grilles fitted to tenanted and leasehold properties because we are responsible for making sure the shared areas in your building are safe. If you have a gate or a grille we will write to you before removing it.
We do not currently charge leaseholders for any costs associated with removing security grilles and gates.
Make sure all gas appliances in your property are safe by having an annual check by a Gas Safe engineer.
If you sublet your property, you are a landlord and it is a legal requirement to provide your tenant with a gas safety certificate.
Leaseholders are responsible for making sure all gas appliances in the leasehold property are safe.
Our contractors QHS (Quality Heating Services) offer discounted rates for gas safety checks to resident leaseholders and landlords who sublet their property.
- Gas safety check and certificate for boiler and cooker – £78 including vat
- Gas safety check and certificate for boiler, fire and cooker – £100 including vat
Contact QHS today and quote LH lease to take advantage of this offer.
01494 795 000
We can offer you information and advice about asbestos safety.