This page has tips and information about how you can keep safe at home.
It is advisable to make sure that your home and its contents are safe and secure.
- Close windows and lock doors when going out or to bed
- Join or set up a Neighbourhood Watch Scheme on your street or estate. For more information log onto www.neighbourhoodwatch.net or phone Lewisham Met Police on 101 and ask the switchboard for the Safer Neighbourhood team for your postcode.
- Don’t leave valuables where they can be seen from outside
- Ask to see ID for workers entering your home
- Get contents insurance for your home
- If you feel you can help the Police reduce crime in your community, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- Report anything suspicious to the Police by calling 101. See the Metropolitan Police website or select a station below for more information.
Lewisham Police Station is open 24 hours a day at 43 Lewisham High St, Lewisham, London SE13 5JZ. You can call them on 101 (always call 999 in an emergency).