Tell us about your move
When moving out, you must ensure that everyone vacates the property by 10:30am on the date your tenancy ends. Before you move out you must: Give Lewisham Homes 28 days written notice by completing a Tenancy Termination Notice (printable copy below), and returning it to your local office (alternatively you can complete the online form);
- Allow Lewisham Homes to inspect your property;
- Have paid your rent in full;
- Ensure the property is clean and tidy, and;
- Remove all your belongings.
Please note that due to Covid-19 our reception is currently closed. When returning keys to us, please drop them off at the rear entrance of Laurence House (located via the car park) where security will inform the lettings team who will come and collect the keys from you. This facility is available between 9am and 4pm Monday to Friday.
To end the tenancy of a deceased relative you can use the online deceased tenant termination form or download and print a paper version.
Informing others of your move
For a charge, the Post Office will redirect mail from your old home to your new one.
Make sure you tell everyone of your move, including the following companies (where applicable):
- Your employer;
- The Department for Work and Pensions if you receive Income Support, a state pension or any other allowance;
- Lewisham Council – tell them the date you moved so that they can send your Council Tax bill and change your Housing Benefit, if you receive this.
- Your bank, building society and credit card companies.
- The Driving Licence Agency (DVLA) – please see your driving licence for details;
- Your doctor and dentist; and,
- TV licensing, gas, electricity and water companies.