Place ladywell

Temporary accommodation

Temporary accommodation is interim housing for residents who’ve made a homelessness application to Lewisham Council. Providing you meet the council’s application criteria you will be likely placed in hostel temporary accommodation whilst your homelessness application is being assessed by the council and then moved into private sector leased accommodation as the next stage.

Once your homelessness application is successful you will be able to begin bidding for permanent accommodation through Lewisham Homesearch.

Types of temporary accommodation

There are three types of temporary accommodation provided by Lewisham Council

  1. Nightly Paid – Typically short term bed and breakfast accommodation;
  2. Hostel – Typically kitchen and bedroom units with shared bathroom facilities;
  3. Private Sector Leased – Properties owned by a private landlord but managed by Lewisham Homes on behalf of Lewisham Council.

You can find out more about what to expect from temporary accommodation and how to make a homelessness application here.

Existing tenants

If you already live in temporary accommodation managed by Lewisham Homes you can contact your temporary accommodation Housing  Officer or the team directly at or on 0800 028 2028.

For rent enquiries please contact your temporary accommodation Income Officer or the team at or on 0800 028 2028

Repairs and maintenance

You can log repairs to your home over the phone by calling 0800 028 2028. If you live in a hostel you can also log repairs through our resident portal.

If you live in private sector accommodation and you have a problem with your central heating or boiler you should contact the maintenance contractor responsible for your property. This information will be available in your tenancy pack. If you don’t have access to this information you should contact the repairs team on 0800 028 2 028.

Lost fobs

If you lose your fob you can order a replacement online.

Anti-Social behaviour

If you want to report Anti-Social Behaviour where you live you should contact your Housing Officer.

Welfare benefits

If you’re struggling to pay your rent or want some advice on what help you’re entitled to you can contact the Welfare Benefits team at or on 0800 028 2 028.

Lewisham Council

Lewisham Council is responsible for your housing application, property allocations, property reviews and bidding for permanent accommodation. If have any questions about the property you’ve been placed in, the bidding process or the status of your housing application, you should contact the Housing Options Centre at Lewisham Council. Housing Options can be contacted at or on 020 8314 7007.

Employment support

Lewisham Council also run an employment project that can help you with getting back into work, preparing for interviews and writing a CV. Find out more.

Advice and support

Some people need extra support for a wide range of reasons including age, disability, mental health, or because of alcohol and drug use.

The Adult Social Care Advice & Information team at Lewisham Council can arrange additional support depending on individual need.

For housing specific support the following council agencies can provide advice to both families and single people:

Single Homeless Intervention and Prevention Service (without children)
Tel:   020 8314 3020/3898    Email:

Homeless Family Floating Support Service (pregnant or with children)
Tel:   020 8314 6366     Email:

Useful documents

Hostel handbook
Unsecure Tenancy Agreement