As part of your Tenancy Agreement you have a number of responsibilities you must follow.
Your Tenancy Agreement sets out some rules that you, and those who live in or visit your home, must follow by law. Your full tenancy conditions and your rights and responsibilities are listed in your Tenancy Agreement, but here is a summary of the key points:
- Pay all charges for gas, electricity, water and telephone services direct to your providers. We will tell you if you pay water charges directly to us;
- Not run a business from your home without our permission in writing or use your property for any criminal, illegal or immoral purposes;
- Not cause a nuisance, annoyance or excessive noise, or allow your visitors to do so;
- Not harass, threaten or use violence or intimidate people;
- Report promptly any repair or defect for which Lewisham Homes is responsible;
- Allow workmen, employees or agents access at all reasonable hours to inspect the condition of the premises or to carry out repairs or other works to the premises or adjoining property. (Lewisham Homes will usually give at least 24 hours notice but immediate access may be required in an emergency);
- Not cause any damage to the premises or the fixtures and fittings belonging to Lewisham Homes;
- Not keep on the premises any mobile gas heaters, cylinders, oil burning appliances, paraffin or petrol;
- Not use the parking area (if any) for any purpose except the parking of a road worthy and properly licensed motor vehicle for private use;
- Keep all communal areas clean, tidy and free from obstructions and rubbish which might cause injury nuisance and annoyance to others;
- Ensure any pets Lewisham Homes has given you permission to keep at your property do not cause a nuisance or foul in public or communal areas;
- Use the bin chutes and recycling bins properly;
- Keep your garden tidy if you have one.
For more information about your Tenancy Agreement, please contact us.